Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Turner
Forum: London Transport September 24th 09, 03:27 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By John Turner
Legal vehicle?

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
John Turner wrote:
"AlanG" wrote

You will often see farm vehicles and...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 09, 08:00 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By John Turner
Legal vehicle?

"AlanG" wrote

You will often see farm vehicles and factory forklifts/cranes etc. on
the public highway. They are permitted subject to certain conditions.

Like all vehicles they are subject to...
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 09, 03:48 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By John Turner
Legal vehicle?

"Mrcheerful" wrote

there are exemptions to usual vehicle rules for things like steam rollers,
road repair vehicles and the like so I expect it would come in that lot.

Most road repairing...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 05, 09:52 AM
Replies: 72
Posted By John Turner
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote

Like Violette Szabo?

New one on me - never heard of him/her.

John.
Forum: London Transport July 24th 05, 08:43 AM
Replies: 72
Posted By John Turner
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Ross" replied to

John Turner who wrote

Self-employment where you survive or fail by your own efforts.

That would be like, for example, plumbers and jobbing builders,
neither group being...
Forum: London Transport July 24th 05, 08:37 AM
Replies: 72
Posted By John Turner
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Uncle Fester" wrote

Not many opportunities for self employment in public transport.

There were none in the area in which I was working, but that didn't stop me
going off at a complete tangent...
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 05, 11:39 PM
Replies: 72
Posted By John Turner
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Ross" wrote

Would you like to tell me which environment that is, John?

Forum: London Transport July 23rd 05, 04:28 PM
Replies: 72
Posted By John Turner
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Uncle Fester" wrote

Work on public transport long enough and respect for travellers goes
down the drain.

You want to try working in an environment where your respect for and
treatment of...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 04:56 PM
Replies: 72
Posted By John Turner
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Simon" wrote

Not clear why the reference to religion was necessary. Surely point is
they were murdering cowards, not that they were a specific sub-section
thereof

Try murdering fanatics,...
Forum: London Transport October 25th 04, 02:13 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By John Turner
Trivia: Declining passenger numbers

"Troy Steadman" replied to

"titans" who wrote

How does a reduction in platforms correlate to declining passenger
numbers?

Is this a serious question or are you being funny?

Increased...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 04, 11:33 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By John Turner
Trivia: Declining passenger numbers

"Peter Masson" wrote

Kensington Olympia?

It's in W14, not KT,

That'll teach a Yorkshireman to get involved with stuff in Livingstonland.
:-)

John.
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 04, 07:50 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By John Turner
Trivia: Declining passenger numbers

"Troy Steadman" wrote

Which station in the KT postal area (SW of London) was built with more
than 6 platforms but now operates with fewer than 3 platforms?

Kensington Olympia?

John.
Forum: London Transport September 7th 04, 11:11 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By John Turner
You couldn't make it up!

"Ian F." wrote

The scene: EXT. DAY. Willesden Junction station ticket office 12 noon-ish
today, window open, woman sitting behind window

Mrs. Ian: "Can I have a ticket to Boundary Zone 3...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Forum Jump