Old July 21st 05, 08:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
SB SB is offline

Default Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

What is it that causes the misfortune and disruption of others so much
amusement from those who should be serving us paying customers?

Such is the attitude tonight amongst staff at stations just after the
second wave of 'bombings.'

On 7/7 I had the sense not to visit London due to the severe
disruption, not, I repeat not, due to any fear of being blown to bits
by any Islamic murdering cowards.

However tonight I was damned if these fools were going to stop my usual
Thursday night in town.

BUT at many stations including local ones, London Underground and
certain TOCs, the customer service staff seemed to revel in the
dusruption. Laughing and joking the ones I spoke, to ask which lines
were running, could hardly take time off from their smiles and laughter
together, to take my concerns seriously, to answer my questions and to
put my mind at ease that things were under control.

I suspect that I'm not the first commuter nor will be the last to get
the impression that by asking for help I'm actually being a damned
nuiscance to them. This has been the attitude towards passengers, sorry
customers, for years. And even in these more dangerous times nothing
seems to have changed.

I might add that at Paddington there are two young customer service
staff who take great delight in acting the arse rather than being
ambassadors for their companies, Great Western &/or National Rail. This
is especially evident when the old Great Western Band is playing on
Friday evenings. These two not only take the **** out of the musicians,
but also out of the passengers watching.

With so-called 'customer service' like this it is no wonder passengers,
customers, commuters, or whatever are ****ed off, especially in London?

SB

Old July 21st 05, 09:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

I think you should write/email the TOC concerned

Old July 21st 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
kws kws is offline

"SB" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I blame the companys. They should get rid of all their happy cheerful staff
and replace them with miserable *******s like you.

Old July 21st 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

SB wrote:

I might add that at Paddington there are two young customer service
staff who take great delight in acting the arse rather than being
ambassadors for their companies, Great Western &/or National Rail.
This is especially evident when the old Great Western Band is playing
on Friday evenings. These two not only take the **** out of the
musicians, but also out of the passengers watching.

With so-called 'customer service' like this it is no wonder
passengers, customers, commuters, or whatever are ****ed off,
especially in London?

When were young people any different?

Old July 22nd 05, 01:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"SB" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

As someone who works for FGW can I strongly encourage you to report this to
FGW (contact details via the www site www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk)

99.9999% of the staff that I know and work with work their damnest in
situations like this to ensure people are helped and looked after. If what
your saying is correct the two people concerned need dealing with.

Regards

Old July 22nd 05, 06:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Steve" wrote in message . uk...

"SB" wrote in message ups.com...
[...]

Re-unite them with their UB40's.

Old July 22nd 05, 08:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

In article . com,
SB wrote:
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

With so-called 'customer service' like this it is no wonder passengers,
customers, commuters, or whatever are ****ed off, especially in London?

Just from interest, are you any relation to the S.Byers who made such
a spectacular success of Government railway policy, a few years ago ?

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself
Old July 22nd 05, 11:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

Steve wrote:
snip

As someone who works for FGW can I strongly encourage you to report this to
FGW (contact details via the www site www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk)

99.9999% of the staff that I know and work with work their damnest in
situations like this to ensure people are helped and looked after. If what
your saying is correct the two people concerned need dealing with.

This may be the case but my experience is that some underground staff,
particularly at Holborn station, derive not inconsiderable amusement
from customers having problems with the barriers, etc, but will not
interrupt their private conversation in order to help. Another staff
member was similarly amused when I complained that the disruption
information was after the ticket barrier so customers did not find out
about this until after they had purchased tickets.

As the song says: "lazy f***ing useless c*nts"
Old July 22nd 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

I repeat not, due to any fear of being blown to bits
by any Islamic murdering cowards.

Not clear why the reference to religion was necessary. Surely point is
they were murdering cowards, not that they were a specific sub-section
thereof

Old July 22nd 05, 12:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Steve" wrote:

99.9999% of the staff that I know and work with ...

That means 999,999 out of the mere 1 million "staff you know and work
with". Can you remember all their names?

;-)