Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Larrington
Forum: London Transport August 3rd 09, 11:20 AM
Replies: 246
Posted By Dave Larrington
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In ,
tweaked the Babbage-Engine
to tell us:

Tell me , are british commuter cyclists just particularly incompetant
Forum: London Transport May 14th 09, 09:02 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Dave Larrington
Taking a bike from London Bridge to Hither Green on a thursday evening?

In ,
Tom Crispin tweaked the
Babbage-Engine to tell us:

2. From London Bridge, follow the A200 [Tooley...
Forum: London Transport April 17th 09, 09:00 AM
Replies: 298
Posted By Dave Larrington
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

In ,
Adrian tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
"Dave Larrington" gurgled happily,
sounding much...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 09, 12:42 PM
Replies: 298
Posted By Dave Larrington
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

In ,
Adrian tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

If it's not a silly question, why did you stop in a position where he
could...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 09:58 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Dave Larrington
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

John Hearns wrote:

I might be starting a rumour, but I think a pedestrian bridge over
Barking Creek is on the cards.

I'm sure I read something about that recently too.

--
Dave Larrington -...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 04:11 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Dave Larrington
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

John Hearns wrote:

No, not 'anti-motorist' at all.
I read on a website that this was due to the roads in question being
given to Transport for London to run. TfL cannot by law run motorways,
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 12:17 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Dave Larrington
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

dkahn400 wrote:

All of them? I've cycled over the flyover bit by the start of the M1 a
few times without noticing a "No Cycling" sign. Oh dear, was I bad?
ISTR there are cycling-free bits up...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 11:30 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Dave Larrington
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

David Hansen wrote:

Indeed. According to uk.transport this was part of an anti-motorist
plan by Ken Livingstone. All the little bits of motorway in London
(parts of the plans to destroy London...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 05, 03:33 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By Dave Larrington
Train-home ban for big bike ride

David Martin wrote:

I would be quite happy for bulky goods (large suitcases, bicycles,
prams etc.) to be carried at a nominal handling charge if I could be
reasonably sure of getting a bike...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 05, 01:46 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By Dave Larrington
Train-home ban for big bike ride

Steven wrote:

And you can hardly expect them to configure the Electrostars so that
they can carry vast quantities of bikes just for one day a year.

One could, however, argue that had they...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 05, 04:00 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Dave Larrington
Unicycles on the London Underground

JNugent wrote:

Is it known that any are in use as pukka transport?

I quite often see a chap riding through Stoke Newington / Dalston / Hoxton
on one. He has a beard and an excellent hat.

--...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 05, 10:35 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Larrington
A Little Trouble with my Oyster...

Grebbsy McLaren wrote:

Bauhaus, bless their pointy goth boots.

(sings)

Daddy wouldn't buy me a Bauhaus...

(dies)
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 04, 02:22 PM
Replies: 282
Posted By Dave Larrington
Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:07:51 GMT, Nick Cooper wrote:
I'd ask you to identify this mythical statement that
"cyclists are as bad,"

Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

Forum: London Transport October 18th 04, 09:12 AM
Replies: 183
Posted By Dave Larrington
Institutionalised law-breaking using bikes - anarchy is near at hand

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I have been stationary at a traffic light (on my bike) and had a BMW
drive round me and through the red light.

Earlier this year I stopped at a light-controlled...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Forum Jump