Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Matthew Maddock
Forum: London Transport November 14th 04, 11:34 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Matthew Maddock
Microchipped number plates

Apparently, there are already a few police cars on the road equipped with
an automatic device which can read numberplates and determine in real
time by interrogating the DVLA computers whether...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 04, 11:27 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Matthew Maddock
Microchipped number plates

So... what does it do that ANPR doesn't then ? I suppose it's cheaper.

No a lot as far as I can see. Note that the article was written nearly
three years ago now, and was talking about a database...
Forum: London Transport November 13th 04, 11:15 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Matthew Maddock
Microchipped number plates

Or you could simply fake a plate that looks like a real one - so how
will
the "automatic detection" know if a car is there or not ?

Because the device reading the microchip will not...
Forum: London Transport November 13th 04, 10:25 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Matthew Maddock
Microchipped number plates

what about car manufacturers that decide not to put them into their cars?
they cant be shut down, most of them are foreign and they cant shut down a
car manufacturer n the UK, think of the job...
Forum: London Transport November 13th 04, 10:06 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Matthew Maddock
Microchipped number plates

Well, the last I heard (and there's about 45 days left in 2004) you
couldn't buy Microchipped plates.

If true it's a typical Public Sector IT project i.e. it doesn't work.

Quite likely! My...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Forum Jump