Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ashley Brown
Forum: London Transport April 4th 05, 12:57 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ashley Brown
route 207

Yep... they've installed Oyster readers at every door on the bendybuses
now.

Ah .. when I was in the City a few weeks ago the stickers telling PrePay
users to use the front door were still...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 05, 10:32 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ashley Brown
route 207

From the 9th (I think - may be 10th?) the Uxbridge-Acton section of
the 207 becomes a double-decker route 427. The remainder of the route
(Hayes By-Pass-Shepherd's Bush) stays as 207 with...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 05, 10:27 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ashley Brown
route 207

is the bendy bus comming back to this route again i rember thet tryed them
some time ago and went back to double deckers

From the 9th (I think - may be 10th?) the Uxbridge-Acton section of...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 05, 04:58 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Ashley Brown
02-28-2005 at Moorgate

Yes, and the Department of Computing is doc.ic.ac.uk, "Dock Ick Ack
Uck". DoC also once had a server called hock.doc.ic.ac.uk, hence
"Hock Dock Ick Ack Uck".

I believe at one point...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 05, 09:39 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Ashley Brown
02-28-2005 at Moorgate

.ic.ac.uk
Is that normally pronounced "Ick Ack Uck"?

Forum: London Transport February 12th 05, 11:23 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Ashley Brown
Platform announcements (Was: New victoria line trains)

I'll support that experiment. As long as none of the lost items are
bombs.
I don't think the announcements will affect the rate of bombs intentionally
left ;)

Particularly as a modern...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 05, 10:06 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ashley Brown
Buses on Exhibition Road

Most of the Thorpes drivers I've encountered seem to drive a bit fast,
[snip]
I've noticed the fast driving too. It's quite exciting on the way down
Kensington Church St sometimes!

The "S"...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 05, 12:07 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ashley Brown
Buses on Exhibition Road

[1] Sadly, the bus stop flag outside Huxley building is also behind a
tree, so new Thorpes drivers tend to go sailing past then slam on the
brakes a bit down the road after shouts of "Oi mate,...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 05, 07:12 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ashley Brown
Buses on Exhibition Road

Is Queen's Gate - Prince Consort Road - Ex. Road viable? An extra
stop outside the Royal Albert Hall as well perhaps?

I don't think right turns are currently permitted from Prince...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 05, 06:54 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ashley Brown
Buses on Exhibition Road

The architect's sketches seem to answer what will happen to the parking
spaces ... :(

(The one that appears to still be there is, I think, the long-standing
disabled bay outside the...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 05, 06:40 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Ashley Brown
Confused Central Line Train

I was at Ealing Broadway at about 10am this morning, to find a Central
Line train which had just arrived advertising its destination as "West
Ruislip".

When the driver for the Eastbound journey...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 05, 06:16 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ashley Brown
Buses on Exhibition Road

Does anyone have any info or speculation on what buses might run along
Exhibition Road and how well that might work given the proposed plans?
http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/110 might...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 05, 12:14 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ashley Brown
Prepay Capping Tube Magazine

Bet they didn't say we'll get LESS value if you use Oyster Pre-Pay on
buses from March or whenever the peak pricing come in...

Not that I saw - I'm holding on to my 70p saver tickets for use...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 05, 10:18 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ashley Brown
Prepay Capping Tube Magazine

The Spring issue of Tube magazine dropped through my door this morning,
with the following on page 39:

"If you use an Oyster Pre Pay, you'll get even more value for money
thanks to its new feature...
Forum: London Transport January 25th 05, 10:36 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Ashley Brown
Chiltern vs the Central line

Dave Arquati wrote:
One might think that a journey from the outskirts of London into the
centre would be quickest via a fast National Rail operator, like c2c vs
the District line from...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Forum Jump