Old April 4th 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default route 207

is the bendy bus comming back to this route again i rember thet tryed them
some time ago and went back to double deckers

Old April 4th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

is the bendy bus comming back to this route again i rember thet tryed them
some time ago and went back to double deckers

From the 9th (I think - may be 10th?) the Uxbridge-Acton section of
the 207 becomes a double-decker route 427. The remainder of the route
(Hayes By-Pass-Shepherd's Bush) stays as 207 with Burny Buses.

607 also goes low-floor.

--
Ashley
Old April 4th 05, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

From the 9th (I think - may be 10th?) the Uxbridge-Acton section of
the 207 becomes a double-decker route 427. The remainder of the route
(Hayes By-Pass-Shepherd's Bush) stays as 207 with Burny Buses.

607 also goes low-floor.

There's a leaflet on the TfL website now -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/downloads/route-207.pdf.

Interestingly, this says that:

"Oyster Pre Pay users should board through **any** door and touch their
card flat on the yellow reader as they board the bus". (Emphasis mine).

N207 Holborn-Uxbridge keeps double deckers but is more frequent.

--
Ashley
Old April 4th 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ashley Brown wrote:

Interestingly, this says that:

"Oyster Pre Pay users should board through **any** door and touch

their
card flat on the yellow reader as they board the bus". (Emphasis

mine).

This is the case with quite a few bendy routes now - the buses for the
73 and 25 were delivered with card readers fitted at all doors, and
they were commissioned a few weeks ago, and the 521's Citaros seem to
be having them retro-fitted. IMO an excellent idea and one that should
have been put in place before the buses were put in service.

Old April 4th 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ashley Brown wrote:
From the 9th (I think - may be 10th?) the Uxbridge-Acton section of
the 207 becomes a double-decker route 427. The remainder of the route
(Hayes By-Pass-Shepherd's Bush) stays as 207 with Burny Buses.

607 also goes low-floor.

There's a leaflet on the TfL website now -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/downloads/route-207.pdf.

Interestingly, this says that:

"Oyster Pre Pay users should board through **any** door and touch their
card flat on the yellow reader as they board the bus". (Emphasis mine).

Yep... they've installed Oyster readers at every door on the bendybuses now.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old April 4th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Rupert Candy wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 4 Apr 2005:

This is the case with quite a few bendy routes now - the buses for the
73 and 25 were delivered with card readers fitted at all doors, and
they were commissioned a few weeks ago, and the 521's Citaros seem to
be having them retro-fitted. IMO an excellent idea and one that should
have been put in place before the buses were put in service.

As they have been in every other city in the world with
multi-entrance-door buses, whether bendy or rigid!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old April 4th 05, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yep... they've installed Oyster readers at every door on the bendybuses
now.

Ah .. when I was in the City a few weeks ago the stickers telling PrePay
users to use the front door were still there.

I've still not used a Burny.. I suppose I'll get my chance to be
incinerated now!
Old April 4th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

There was one at Cobham yesterday though I gather it's a Scania one.

Old April 5th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Dave Arquati
writes
Ashley Brown wrote:
From the 9th (I think - may be 10th?) the Uxbridge-Acton section of
the 207 becomes a double-decker route 427. The remainder of the route
(Hayes By-Pass-Shepherd's Bush) stays as 207 with Burny Buses.

607 also goes low-floor.

There's a leaflet on the TfL website now -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/downloads/route-207.pdf.

Interestingly, this says that:

"Oyster Pre Pay users should board through **any** door and touch their
card flat on the yellow reader as they board the bus". (Emphasis mine).

Yep... they've installed Oyster readers at every door on the bendybuses now.

And they've installed ticket machines at all 207 bus stops, with yellow
notices saying you must buy tickets before boarding.
--
Thoss