Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mmellor
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 06, 10:00 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By mmellor
DLR track gauge

Stephen Furley wrote:
Rupert Candy wrote:

and converting
the electrical system from standard 3rd rail to side-contact.

Bottom contact; side contact was Manchester - Bury, and I think...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 06, 09:49 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By mmellor
DLR track gauge

J. Gulliford wrote:
Mind you, the Seaton tramway, a lovely little line, is the gauge it is
because they lifted it and moved it there from Eastbourne.

JG.

They did move it from Eastbourne...
Forum: London Transport June 28th 06, 08:28 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By mmellor
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Mark B wrote:

Which is right,
St James' Park (on the signs)
St James Park (in the FGW Timetable)
Pronounced St James's Park, both locally and on the AutoAnouncer

St James's Park, because...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 06, 10:40 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By mmellor
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Tony Polson wrote:

ULTra pods are self (battery) powered, with no ability to couple
together. The theory is that the headway is as short as 2 or 3s,...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 06, 08:57 AM
Replies: 96
Posted By mmellor
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 22:31:09 on Wed,
15 Mar 2006, John Rowland
remarked:
At T4, there would...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 06, 07:52 AM
Replies: 96
Posted By mmellor
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 22:31:09 on Wed,
15 Mar 2006, John Rowland
remarked:
At T4, there would...
Forum: London Transport December 24th 05, 09:45 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By mmellor
West London Tram (and others)

Matthew Geier wrote:

I would be extremely surprised to find a modern ETB that didn't have
some capability to run independently of the wires.

B prepared to be extremely surprised, then -...
Forum: London Transport May 29th 05, 10:01 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By mmellor
Bromley North Line

Terry Harper wrote:

Up non-stoppers went through platform 1 (the westernmost platform) at
East Croydon, though. Both...
Forum: London Transport May 28th 05, 09:47 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By mmellor
Bromley North Line

Peter Masson wrote:
"John Salmon" wrote

So what route (i.e. which right-hand crossovers) did fast services (in
both
directions) take between the...
Forum: London Transport May 26th 05, 11:54 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By mmellor
Bromley North Line

John Salmon wrote:
"Joe" wrote
Yea, that's why I asked. I was looking at the LDBs and all the trains
seem to be shuttles.
What's the reason for running it as a shuttle, anyone know?...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Forum Jump