Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Earl Purple
Forum: London Transport August 11th 05, 09:33 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Orbital transport & urban motorways (was Warwick Gardens at night)

Dave Arquati wrote:

Earl Purple wrote:
Don't know what it's used for, but if it's just for freight they might
be better placed in lorries on a road.

I think I'm having a transport...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 05, 09:41 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Orbital transport & urban motorways (was Warwick Gardens at night)

Most of Willesden is very expensive and posh. If you're thinking of
Willesden Junction, that is actually in Harlesden.

There is no postcode for Harlesden and NW10 is officially...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 05, 10:12 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Orbital transport & urban motorways (was Warwick Gardens at night)

Greg Hennessy wrote:

Your proposed route is a straight line which would require the demolition of
swathes of...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 05, 02:08 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Orbital transport & urban motorways (was Warwick Gardens at night)

Colum Mylod wrote:
On 8 Aug 2005 03:45:31 -0700, "Earl Purple"

I live in that area and agree - it can get congested if the horsey
army is on the clip-clop from Hyde...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 05, 10:45 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Orbital transport & urban motorways (was Warwick Gardens at night)

Dave Arquati wrote:
The point is that the people who have to suffer the negative
consequences of the new road are not the ones who benefit from it.

Maybe but not everyone can gain all the time....
Forum: London Transport August 4th 05, 12:31 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Earl Purple
When God made truck drivers

truck & bus wrote:
When the Lord was creating Truck Drivers, he was into his sixth day of
overtime when an angel appeared and said, "You're doing a lot of
fiddling around on this one." And the...
Forum: London Transport August 4th 05, 10:18 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Warwick Gardens at night

Dave Arquati wrote:

Yes, perhaps. We now have these sites which are poorly accessible by
public transport and hard to serve with it, so some way must be found to
make the use of the car to...
Forum: London Transport August 4th 05, 10:08 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Warwick Gardens at night

Well, 600 homes were demolished to build the Westway, and their
surviving neighbours in some places were as close to the motorway as 7
metres. North Kensington suffered extensive blight,...
Forum: London Transport August 3rd 05, 09:12 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Warwick Gardens at night

Dave Arquati wrote:
I was talking about the effect on people who lived in the residential
area through which the Westway was constructed.

I don't know about then but taking Portobello Road as an...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 05, 08:49 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Warwick Gardens at night

Dave Arquati wrote:

No, no, no, please, no, to all of that. They planned to do it some time
ago (http://www.btinternet.com/~roads/lon_mway/glcplans/ringway1.html).

I know about the planned...
Forum: London Transport August 1st 05, 11:20 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Warwick Gardens at night

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/earlpurple/WestCrossBypass1.jpg
Forum: London Transport August 1st 05, 11:14 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Warwick Gardens at night

Richard J. wrote:

Grade-separated = destroying the London street scene / river frontage,
and probably destroying many homes and workplaces too.
--
Richard J.

Grade-separating is a clever...
Forum: London Transport August 1st 05, 08:32 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Earl Purple
Warwick Gardens at night

Rupert Candy wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:

The road is a green "Primary Route", a major thoroughfare for traffic
from the north of London to the south.

There are several symbols...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 05, 03:09 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Earl Purple
Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

John Rowland wrote:

Only Northbound traffic from the Wood Green end...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 05, 11:00 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Earl Purple
Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

David from Oz wrote:
Coincidence - that is one junction in my area that I have nominated in
my letter to the council. On more than one occasion the North Circ has
been blocked here! I guess...
Forum: London Transport July 26th 05, 11:18 AM
Replies: 63
Posted By Earl Purple
Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

Often caused by a bad junction, usually one with 2 traffic lights close
together. The second light is red far too long, and so traffic from one
phase of the first light fills up all the available...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 05, 04:36 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Earl Purple
What do you think about bus drivers ?

Phil Richards wrote:

Obviously I'm not prepared to disclose my salary in public except it's way
under £500 per week. And yes it does involve dealing face to face...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 05, 02:51 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Earl Purple
Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

John Rowland wrote:
Incidentally, at Palmers Green the North Circular is a dual carriageway, and
if you are crossing it on Green Lanes you cross two separate box junctions.
People turning right...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Forum Jump