Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Demiurge
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 06, 07:23 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Demiurge
Oyster question

Alternatively take the tram to Wimbledon and take the District Line
direct to South Kensington.

You will need to validate your Oyster card at Wimbledon as you
interchange between the tram...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 06, 12:36 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Demiurge
Oyster question

Thanks for the advice, MIG.

Demiurge.

I currently use my...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 06, 11:59 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By Demiurge
Oyster question

I currently use my Oyster card only for the bus. If I wanted to travel from
East Croydon to the National Science Museum by train and tube (it's near
Marble Arch, I believe) and back via the same...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 06, 06:55 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Demiurge
Would Oyster benefit me?

Thanks for your opinions, Paul. I'll try the bus and see what I think, as I
have the time. I'm always keen t osave some money!

Regards,

Demiurge.

"Paul Corfield" wrote in...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 06, 05:42 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Demiurge
Would Oyster benefit me?

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
... you would be able to reduce your costs by
avoiding travelling through Zone 1.

Possible routes would be:

East Croydon - Clapham Junction - Vauxhall -...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 06, 05:39 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Demiurge
Would Oyster benefit me?

Paul Corfield wrote:
Or shock, horror travel to Herne Hill and then get a bus (3, 37 or 196)
across to Brixton. This gives 20 buses per hour on that stretch.
For the real cheapo option you could...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 06, 06:35 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Demiurge
Would Oyster benefit me?

You cannot put one-day travelcards on Oyster, nor can you use Oyster
Pay-as-you-Go on most of National Rail. So, I haven't done the sums for
you particular route, but it is usually the case...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 06, 06:33 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Demiurge
Would Oyster benefit me?

Oyster PrePay is not valid at East Croydon so would not help you in this
situation.

Peter Smyth

Thanks, Peter, I'll stick with my travel card then.

Regards,

Demiurge.
Forum: London Transport August 31st 06, 05:51 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Demiurge
Would Oyster benefit me?

From September 11th I'll be travelling from East Croydon to Brixton (train
from E.Croydon to Victoria, then tube to Brixton), peak times, on Mondays,
Wednesdays and Thursdays. I'm planning to buy a...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Forum Jump