Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ian G Batten
Forum: London Transport July 18th 04, 08:19 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Ian G Batten
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

In article ,
Paul Weaver wrote:
You can't design a road for "no speed limit whatsoever". Britain's

GErman Autobahns seem to throw...
Forum: London Transport April 12th 04, 07:27 AM
Replies: 98
Posted By Ian G Batten
Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

In article ,
Well exactly. Of course it's unrealistic *now*, but in the USA
Forum: London Transport January 21st 04, 04:12 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Ian G Batten
Kings Cross fire (1987) : final victim named

In article ,
If it were up to me, I would charge the tobacco companies with
corporate...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 10:16 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
W K wrote:
Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

Except Advanced Drivers, apparently.

ian
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 09:34 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Interestingly, the most careful and accurate road drivers I know are
those who hold RAC...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 07:41 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Unlike now when a juggernaught driver can "lose it" and run into a shop
front squashing a pavement...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 05:07 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
One of the reasons for long-distance commuting (by car or train) is that
two
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 10:28 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
I agree that self-glorification is tiresome to read and often arrogant.

So stop doing it,...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 10:26 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
Is anyone here arguing we should require people to work close to where they
live?

Yes. ...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 04:23 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
what the average pedestrian will do, WITHIN LIMITS! If you
have genuinely passed an observed run,...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 04:11 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
My own situation is that for my jobs and studies I have had to travel across
the country...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 04:02 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
1) Claiming that because you drive you have no right to argue for public
transport

If...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 03:49 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
When I did my driving test, and subsequent ADT,
happy to pose an unacceptible risk...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 02:52 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
When I did my driving test, and subsequent ADT,

A man who says that cars pose an...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 01:36 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Ian G Batten
the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
And your 80% likelihood that the pedestrian is solely at fault is CR*P

Go and check the...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Forum Jump