Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kirk Northrop
Forum: London Transport June 13th 08, 07:05 PM
Replies: 337
Posted By Kirk Northrop
How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On Jun 11, 2008, MIG wrote:
I understood that the reason why 5p and 10p were made exactly the same
size and weight as 1s and 2s was because so many people had slot
meters that would have had to...
Forum: London Transport May 30th 08, 11:10 AM
Replies: 46
Posted By Kirk Northrop
Operating Incident at Liverpool Street

On May 29, 2008, Paul Corfield wrote:
While I am not at all surprised that top level communication has
occurred as a result of this incident I do find the tone of Network
Rail's "outrage" and...
Forum: London Transport February 19th 08, 10:12 AM
Replies: 76
Posted By Kirk Northrop
Pound sterling symbol and usenet posts (was: Overground newstock)

On Feb 17, 2008, Ken Ward wrote:
Here in Bolton the First Manchester bus drivers now issue a ticket to each
Pass Holder as they get on, this practice has been in use for about 12
months only. I...
Forum: London Transport February 14th 08, 01:14 AM
Replies: 76
Posted By Kirk Northrop
Pound sterling symbol and usenet posts (was: Overground newstock)

Today at 00:35, Mizter T wrote:
I'm well aware that others use the GBP notation, but I do find it
somewhat cumbersome, especially on a uk.* newsgroup where I would
expect many readers usenet...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 07, 09:28 AM
Replies: 307
Posted By Kirk Northrop
St P.I..L.L Impressions.

Today at 02:40, Fig wrote:
Also, an obvious 'meeting point' should be provided.

Statues?

--
Kirk
Forum: London Transport September 9th 07, 04:14 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Kirk Northrop
GNER train question

Today at 01:21, Neil Sunderland wrote:
Kirk Northrop wrote:
I thought you couldn't break journey on a single ticket?

No, you can:
http://ukrailwayfaq.wikispaces.com/Ticket+Validity

Fair...
Forum: London Transport September 8th 07, 10:38 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Kirk Northrop
GNER train question

Today at 18:12, Jeremy Double wrote:
You're not right, unless it's some special advance purchase ticket with
special conditions.

I thought you couldn't break journey on a single ticket?

--...
Forum: London Transport September 8th 07, 05:06 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Kirk Northrop
GNER train question

Today at 07:21, jonmorris wrote:
Obviously, they're going to struggle to do anything if you leave early
as we did on the way back, getting off at Stevenage when our ticket
was to King's...
Forum: London Transport September 7th 07, 07:06 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By Kirk Northrop
GNER train question

On Sep 6, 2007, jonmorris wrote:
This was because we'd booked airline seats, but been given window
seats. More confusing than that was the fact that we had 'A' seats
(airline) but was told it...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Forum Jump