Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anthony Polson
Forum: London Transport December 18th 12, 08:42 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By Anthony Polson
Not-very dry run for 150-year anniversary Met steam

allantracy wrote:

On 18 Dec, 16:13, Anthony Polson wrote:
At 2d (a little
under 0.5p) the price was...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 12, 08:41 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By Anthony Polson
Not-very dry run for 150-year anniversary Met steam

Not surprising - liberal left politics as a whole is a very female take on
the world. Everyone is nice really given a chance, encouragement not...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 12, 08:29 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By Anthony Polson
Not-very dry run for 150-year anniversary Met steam

IIRC, the GNR had to make a big effort to have enough condensing locos
available to take over the running when the GWR pulled out at short...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 12, 03:18 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By Anthony Polson
Not-very dry run for 150-year anniversary Met steam

Lew 1 wrote:

All of which mean that the notion that steam has been running on the tube
really isn't incorrect in modern general language.

People think they're being clever when...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 12, 03:13 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By Anthony Polson
Not-very dry run for 150-year anniversary Met steam

77002 wrote:
At 2d (a little
under 0.5p) the price was actually a little on the high side.

2d is 0.83p.
Forum: London Transport December 6th 12, 11:12 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Anthony Polson
2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

BrianW wrote:

In fairness, it was only supposed to be a light-hearted comment of
mine.

D'oh! :-)
Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 10:25 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Anthony Polson
Battersea Northern Line extension now done with a loan?

Robin9 wrote:

I am bitterly disappointed that the extension of the Northern Line to
Battersea will be funded...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 05:22 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Anthony Polson
2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

BrianW wrote:

I suppose the plus side of diesels is that they...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 05:18 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Anthony Polson
London Battersea Northern Line extension now done with a loan?

Phil Cook wrote:
On 05/12/2012 16:36, Anthony Polson wrote:
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:09:58 +0000
Anthony Polson...

Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 02:51 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Anthony Polson
London Battersea Northern Line extension now done with a loan?

Someone Somewhere wrote:

Of course I would expect a proportion of the housing to meet whatever
the agreed criteria is for affordable or social

The Coalition recently...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 02:09 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Anthony Polson
London Battersea Northern Line extension now done with a loan?

Phil Cook wrote:

From the Chancellors autumn statement, I...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 01:09 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Anthony Polson
2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 12:08 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Anthony Polson
2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

wrote:

I suppose the plus side of diesels is that they don't have to worry about
dodgy eletricity supplies. Though you have to wonder how the metro systems
in places like...
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 12, 05:09 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Anthony Polson
Aldwych / Strand Underground

wrote:

No reporter can be expected to know the intricacies of every subject
but a good one should have the skill to research and check. More and
more of the upcoming crop...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 12, 11:37 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Anthony Polson
Waterloo Memorial Arch steps

Mizter T wrote:

Sorry, but that's a pathetically tenuous link for a quite irrelevant rant.

Thank you! :-)
Forum: London Transport November 27th 12, 10:09 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Anthony Polson
Waterloo Memorial Arch steps

Paul Terry wrote:
I think the work is actually to make such a view possible - the
redevelopment of Elizabeth House is allowing the creation of "Victory
Arch Square" in front...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 12, 01:10 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Anthony Polson
Lawbreaking cyclists terrorise urban residents - The Guardian

Recliner wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:33:50 +0000, Anthony Polson
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWelo79POIs

Instructions for...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 12, 12:33 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Anthony Polson
Lawbreaking cyclists terrorise urban residents - The Guardian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWelo79POIs

Instructions for use:

1. Ignore the subject line

2. Enjoy the video! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWelo79POIs
Forum: London Transport November 9th 12, 11:34 AM
Replies: 212
Posted By Anthony Polson
Dartford crossing

Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , JNugent
writes
Forum: London Transport November 8th 12, 08:33 PM
Replies: 212
Posted By Anthony Polson
Dartford crossing

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , JNugent
writes

There are also:
- the Tyne Tunnel...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 12, 03:33 PM
Replies: 101
Posted By Anthony Polson
London bus and Tube fares go up 4.2% from January

Mizter T wrote:

On 08/11/2012 15:00, Anthony Polson wrote:

In message...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 12, 02:00 PM
Replies: 101

Mizter T wrote:
In message , at 12:49:08 on Thu, 8 Nov 2012,
Mizter T ...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 12, 01:47 PM
Replies: 212
Posted By Anthony Polson
Dartford crossing

Roland Perry wrote:

When I used the Dartford Crossing about three months ago (for the first
time in years) I had no idea if it was still tolled, and if so what the
charging...
Forum: London Transport November 7th 12, 07:50 PM
Replies: 101
Posted By Anthony Polson
London bus and Tube fares go up 4.2% from January

allantracy wrote:

I've never stumbled over a Boris-Bike rank on my various recent trips to
London[1], nor of course would I impose a bike on my fellow...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

Forum Jump