Old April 20th 10, 02:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
SB SB is offline

Default Sickening Stench at Paddington

Today 20-4-2010,I passed though Paddington Station and there was a
thick and sickening smell of paint being sprayed above the main
Concourse. The contractors were obviously spray painting the 4'th
arch. However the smell was so strong it made me sick. I could smell
it in Praed Street by the old Post Office, and the fumes were being
sucked into the aircon. of McDonalds next door. It is also of concern
that the food outlets on the Station Concourse were also dislaying
food on open counters in the area where the fumes were strongest.
Surely it is unacceptable to do this work during the day, and also
when the gatelines require tickts to pass through thereby ensuring
that passengers are exposed to such fumes / dust instead of being able
to pass quickly past. SB

Old April 20th 10, 03:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 20 Apr, 15:17, SB wrote:
Today 20-4-2010,I *passed though Paddington Station and there was a
thick and sickening smell of paint being sprayed above the main
Concourse. The contractors were obviously spray painting the 4'th
arch. However the smell was so strong it made me sick. I could smell
it in Praed Street by the old Post Office, and the fumes were being
sucked into the aircon. of McDonalds next door. *It is also of concern
that the food outlets on the Station Concourse were also dislaying
food on open counters in the area where the fumes were strongest.
Surely it is unacceptable to do this work during the day, and also
when the gatelines require tickts to pass through thereby ensuring
that passengers are exposed to such fumes / dust instead of being able
to pass quickly past. SB

I am known for my strong constitution and ability to eat a bargain
bucket from 20 paces with ease. Indeed this morning I dispatched 2
double sauage egg mc muffin meals (orange juice for my one a day) only
5 minutes before bed (I didn't sleep brilliantly).

But really SB, if you were sick (you say "it made me sick") why would
you go into a muckdonalds for sustinance and refreshing of your
delicate tummy ?

Or, giving you the benefit of the doubt, were you going to clean up in
the only public toilets available in London (Starbucks keep theirs
locked these days).

Did you send your complaint about food hygene to the local council and
did you have a go at the shops / NR duty manager or were you too ill
to stay there and do so ?

Regards

Richard