Old February 26th 04, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Harry Potter and Paddington

I'm sure this question has been discussed in the past, but I missed it.

I'm just now reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the first
time. After shopping in Diagon Alley, Hagrid escorts Harry to Paddington
Station so that he can catch the train back home to Surrey.

My question is, are there really any services from Paddington to Surrey?
Shouldn't he have been at Waterloo? Or is this another example of wizardry
in action?

I hope someone can enlighten me on this. I couldn't sleep last night
worrying about it.

Old February 26th 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

My question is, are there really any services from Paddington to Surrey?

NO
n't he have been at Waterloo? Or is
this another example of wizardry
in action?
or Victoria............

Old February 26th 04, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Darryl Phillips wrote:
My question is, are there really any services from Paddington to Surrey?
Shouldn't he have been at Waterloo? Or is this another example of wizardry
in action?

I don't think there are any services from Paddington to Surrey -
but there are parts of Surrey (near Ash, perhaps) where a reaonable
route might be Paddington - Reading and change onto a Thames Trains
service that ends up in Dorking via Guildford and the North Downs
line. (Is that what it's called? Pretty little line, gets 2-car
DMUs, bimbles along on the south side of the North Downs. Quite
pretty, I think, if not nearly frequent enought when it's COLD!).

Or Waterloo - Guildford, and change onto that same line but
heading Readingwards instead.

The better route might depend on which of Paddington and Waterloo
is closer to the Diagon Alley, and how many escapalators might eat
you en-route.

I hope someone can enlighten me on this. I couldn't sleep last night
worrying about it.

Don't worry about a thing; it was.... Marsh gas.

Obliviate!

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.