Old November 3rd 14, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Adventurous Tram Ride?

I was waiting at Wimbledon Station the other day for a Thameslink train, when I noticed the Tramlink indicators were showing 'Unknown Destination'. There must be a story there!

Peter

Old November 3rd 14, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014\11\03 08:48, peter wrote:
I was waiting at Wimbledon Station the other day for a Thameslink train, when I noticed the Tramlink indicators were showing 'Unknown Destination'. There must be a story there!

They whizzed around the central loop like a ball on a roulette wheel,
and placed bets on where it would stop when they switched off the juice.
Old November 3rd 14, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 00:48:02 -0800 (PST), peter
wrote:

I was waiting at Wimbledon Station the other day for a Thameslink train, when I noticed the Tramlink indicators were showing 'Unknown Destination'. There must be a story there!

Perhaps more appropriate on an Edinburgh tram?
Old November 3rd 14, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 03/11/2014 08:48, peter wrote:

I was waiting at Wimbledon Station the other day for a Thameslink
train, when I noticed the Tramlink indicators were showing 'Unknown
Destination'. There must be a story there!

A mystery tour?

There are reports elsewhere that the PIDs have been doing odd things
lately; I've seen blank ones. It's been suggested they could be
undergoing an upgrade.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old November 3rd 14, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 03/11/2014 18:02, wrote:
[...]
I was waiting at Wimbledon Station the other day for a Thameslink train, when I noticed the Tramlink indicators were showing 'Unknown Destination'. There must be a story there!

They probably can't show Mitcham Junction where I think the trams were
terminating while track doubling works were going on. Sorry to spoil
the mystery!

The one we caught on Thursday from Wimbledon had Mitcham Junction on
the front, Coming from out of town I didn't know anything about the
track work and had a "First time I have ever decided to use the Tram
as a Transport link instead of a pleasure ride when it opened and they
close the bloody thing moment". Fortunately the 30 mins or so added to
our trip due the replacement bus being caught in slow traffic didn't
really affect the day much.

Work on the Sheffield tram system rather kibboshed some plans I'd made
(which others were to follow) this summer just gone. Initially I
couldn't understand why Traveline Yorkshire was being so un-cooperative
- there wasn't any blindingly obvious message on the journey planner
regarding the tram works. There was information on the Sheffield
Supertram website, but it was presented in a manner suited to those
familiar with the network and took a bit of deciphering. In the end the
taxi drivers won some extra business.

Old November 4th 14, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Destination unknown" always sounds better.