Old August 11th 03, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Park and ride?

I am travelling into London from the north and wish to park my car on the
outskirts use the tube and visit London for 2 days, I need to get to
Paddington station as its a street away from my Hotel, where is the best
place to leave my car?

Old August 11th 03, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve wrote:
I am travelling into London from the north and wish to park
my car on the outskirts use the tube and visit London for 2
days, I need to get to Paddington station as its a street
away from my Hotel, where is the best place to leave my car?

Park near Stanmore station, Jubilee Line to Baker Street, change to Bakerloo
or Circle.
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...=700&height=40
0&client=public&gride=516432&gridn=192186&srec=0&c oordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&a
ddr3=&pc=&scale=50000&advanced=&multimap.x=357&mul timap.y=195

Alternatively, take the train the whole way.

Old August 11th 03, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
I am travelling into London from the north and wish to park
my car on the outskirts use the tube and visit London for 2
days, I need to get to Paddington station as its a street
away from my Hotel, where is the best place to leave my car?

Park near Stanmore station, Jubilee Line to Baker Street, change to

Bakerloo
or Circle.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...=700&height=40

0&client=public&gride=516432&gridn=192186&srec=0&c oordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&a
ddr3=&pc=&scale=50000&advanced=&multimap.x=357&mul timap.y=195

Alternatively, take the train the whole way.

Is it ok to park there for 48 hours, and at what cost?

Old August 11th 03, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...idth=700&heigh
t=40
0&client=public&gride=516432&gridn=192186&srec=0& coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr
2=&a
ddr3=&pc=&scale=50000&advanced=&multimap.x=357&mu ltimap.y=195

Alternatively, take the train the whole way.

I can talk from a lot of experience from commuting between North and
London. That GNER are a very good train company to travel on from the
north. Especially if you get a train from Leeds and get on White Rose
service. But the other trains aren't so bad. And at the moment you can
travel for £59 return first class so that's something not to snort at.
Virgin however are a bit hit and miss. If you get one of the newer
trains then your laughing. Older ones it can either be okay or bad.
M1 is an awful road to travel on. Get the train. Take it easy.

--
CJG
Old August 11th 03, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve writes
I am travelling into London from the north and wish to park my car on
the outskirts use the tube and visit London for 2 days, I need to get
to Paddington station as its a street away from my Hotel, where is the
best place to leave my car?

Where in 'the north' are you travelling from? Which route are you
taking into London?

(Alternatively you might want to consider taking the train all the way
if you don't need your car whilst in London - e.g. Midland Mainline are
offering Manchester-London returns for a tenner right now, or first
class for just twenty quid return.)

--
Dave

Old August 11th 03, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Cox" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote in message
I am travelling into London from the north and wish to park my car on

the
outskirts use the tube and visit London for 2 days,

Weekdays or weekend?

Robin

Wednesday till Friday, the reason I dont want to use the train is because
there is four of us.

Old August 11th 03, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave" wrote in message
Steve writes
I am travelling into London from the north and wish to park my car on
the outskirts use the tube and visit London for 2 days, I need to get
to Paddington station as its a street away from my Hotel, where is the
best place to leave my car?

Where in 'the north' are you travelling from? Which route are you
taking into London?

M1 or A1 which ever gives me the best option

Old August 11th 03, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve" wrote in message

travelling into London from the north and wish to park my car

It is easy to park free of charge near Potters Bar station, which is easily
accessible from the M25. Potters Bar is not a tube station, but it does have
frequent fast trains to Kings Cross.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 14th 03, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve" wrote in message

"Robin Cox" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote in message
I am travelling into London from the north and wish to park my car on

the
outskirts use the tube and visit London for 2 days,

Weekdays or weekend?

Robin

Wednesday till Friday, the reason I dont want to use the train is because
there is four of us.

Then ask for a discounted "four travel together" ticket. Think it works out
at about the cost of four separate child tickets. Whereabouts you travelling
from? The 1005 Leeds - London (1102 Newark, my station) is a lovely train,
almost always plenty of seating, it's one of those new Eurostar types. I
think you can also get a tube pass added on the ticket (I know you can for
the journeys on the day you travel and the day you return itself), just not
sure if you can use them in between.

Marcus

Old August 14th 03, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

1. Willesden Junction.

Come off M1 towards A406 (North Circular Road) Westbound (i.e. do not
use left-lane at end of M1).

Take exit for A4088 first exit towards Willesden. (There is a quicker
route but you'll probably miss it).

At the roundabout head down A4088 (Dudden Hill Lane), continue until
you almost reach the 2nd traffic light, then turn right into Colin
Road, then left at the end and at the mini-roundabout head across into
Pound Lane past the bus-garage.

For the simplest route from this point continue to the end of the road
past the bend (road becomes Harlesden Road) and turn left into
Wrottesley Road then right into Odessa Road (if you miss it go to the
mini-roundabout at the end and then take the last exit, into the small
one-way street).

Now find somewhere to park and walk the rest of the way to the
station, by crossing Harrow Road and walking down the alley.

2: Watford Junction

Leave the M1 at junction 6, follow A405 (South-Westbound, towards
Watford, not St Albans) until it meets the A412, turn left and follow.
When you reach the roundabout where you cross the A41, fill up with
petrol because it's really cheap there. Then continue across the A412
to Watford Junction. You'll have to pay a car-park though.

3. Watford/Croxley (Metropolitan Line).
As above but stay on the A412 until you meet up with these stations.
If you remain on the A412 you will reach Rickmansworth which is
another option.

Having got the Metropolitan Line you can either change at Baker Street
or if your train stops at Northwick Park, get out there and walk to
Kenton station.