Old October 16th 15, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL Taxi Consultation to "kill" Uber

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 04:04:35PM +0100, JNugent wrote:
On 15/10/2015 13:44, David Cantrell wrote:
The *driver* told him it was 177 currency units? That's not how Uber
works. You get an estimate (and it's made very clear that it's an
estimate, not a quote) in the app, not from the driver.

And how do you know that that's a sky-high fare? It doesn't say what the
journey was.

No idea what he's talking about with this "tax" thing. Given the utter
illiteracy of the review, and the nonsense about tax, and the nonsense
about getting a quote from the driver, I'm inclined to say that this is
a fake review from a black cab driver.

You think the denominated currency was sterling, do you?

No idea. I still don't know whether that's a sky-high fare, because I
don't know what the journey was.

Or if you're asking because I said "black cab driver", feel free to add
"or similar local incumbent who is scared of competition". No-one else
seems to have had trouble understanding that but given your repeated
difficulties with the English language I shouldn't have assumed you
would understand. My apologies.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt

Old October 16th 15, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/10/2015 14:19, David Cantrell wrote:

[...]

You don't know and you don't know?

I thought you knew everything with respect to taxis and pirate cars?

Much more than anyone involved in, or with connections to, the
taxi-trade, at any rate.

Or if you're asking because I said "black cab driver",

What else spells out "London" so clearly?

feel free to add
"or similar local incumbent who is scared of competition". No-one else
seems to have had trouble understanding that but given your repeated
difficulties with the English language I shouldn't have assumed you
would understand. My apologies.

So for you, "black cab driver" also means "Athens taxi driver",
"Parisienne taxi-driver" or even "Oslo Taxi-driver"?

If you wanted to stretch the meaning of language that far, why didn't
you say?