Old October 18th 16, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Taxi drivers protest outside TfL

Lots of noise and blocked traffic when I walked past yesterday in Southwark.
Anyone know what they're protesting about this week? Is it Uber, fares, or
they just don't like TfL in general?

--
Spud

Old October 18th 16, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:34:29 on Tue, 18 Oct
2016, d remarked:
Lots of noise and blocked traffic when I walked past yesterday in Southwark.
Anyone know what they're protesting about this week? Is it Uber, fares, or
they just don't like TfL in general?

It was entitled "No more deregulation".
Old October 18th 16, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:34:29 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:
Lots of noise and blocked traffic when I walked past yesterday in Southwark.
Anyone know what they're protesting about this week? Is it Uber, fares, or
they just don't like TfL in general?

There was a leaflet picture tweeted at
https://twitter.com/blacktaxicab/sta...30762549383168

TFL NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Endangering Londoners with watered-down DBS on minicab drivers.

Refusal to inform Londoners of unacceptable rate of minicab rape and
sexual abuse.

Refusal to release statistics defining the astonishing amount of
minicab RTA.

Licensing drivers without passing basic DVLA test.

Endangering Taxi drivers with irresponsible rear mounted card readers.

Cutting Taxi earnings by up to five percent, on card transactions.

Condoning uninsured minicabs and inventing fictitious on-off insurance.

Fabricating evidence of Uber landline. in a failed bid to hoodwink
the GLA.

Guilty of tutoring Uber on how to evade regulations.

Unmonitored, 'out of office' liaisons and unminuted meetings with Uber.

Harassing Taxi drivers, whilst condoning Private Hire illegalities.
Old October 18th 16, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Lots of noise and blocked traffic when I walked past yesterday in Southwark.
Anyone know what they're protesting about this week? Is it Uber, fares, or
they just don't like TfL in general?

There was a leaflet picture tweeted at
https://twitter.com/blacktaxicab/sta...30762549383168

Some of it sounds reasonable - if true, which is a big if - but others...

Endangering Taxi drivers with irresponsible rear mounted card readers.

Huh? Wtf is dangerous about a card reader?

Cutting Taxi earnings by up to five percent, on card transactions.

I bet thats the card companies skimming their commission and nothing to do
with TfL.

Harassing Taxi drivers, whilst condoning Private Hire illegalities.

Hmm, does have the vague sound of a whinge.

--
Spud

Old October 18th 16, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:37:37 on Tue, 18 Oct
2016, d remarked:

Endangering Taxi drivers with irresponsible rear mounted card readers.

Huh? Wtf is dangerous about a card reader?

Perhaps it puts the driver into contact with the passenger - not always
a good idea.

Old October 18th 16, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Walters wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:34:29 +0000 (UTC),
Lots of noise and blocked traffic when I walked past yesterday in Southwark.
Anyone know what they're protesting about this week? Is it Uber, fares, or
they just don't like TfL in general?

There was a leaflet picture tweeted at
https://twitter.com/blacktaxicab/sta...30762549383168

Some of it sounds reasonable - if true, which is a big if - but others...

Cutting Taxi earnings by up to five percent, on card transactions.

I bet thats the card companies skimming their commission and nothing to do
with TfL.

I'm not sure if it has happened already or not but TfL want the fare
paid to be the same regardless of cash or card with no surcharge.
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...y-london-taxis
Old October 18th 16, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 09:47:24 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:

It was entitled "No more deregulation".

Removing the double negative it would be "More regulation."
Old October 18th 16, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
04:29:13 on Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Offramp remarked:

It was entitled "No more deregulation".

Removing the double negative it would be "More regulation."

I think they just want the existing regulations applied fairly (as they
would see it) to both minicabs and hackneys.
Old October 18th 16, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 10:37:37 on Tue, 18 Oct
2016, d remarked:

Endangering Taxi drivers with irresponsible rear mounted card readers.

Huh? Wtf is dangerous about a card reader?

Perhaps it puts the driver into contact with the passenger - not always a
good idea.

so how does the driver avoid "contact with the passenger" when accept a cash
payment now?

tim