Old February 29th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default South Harrow 83ts

A recent visit to South Harrow revealed that 2 sets of 83ts have gone.
Does anyone know when and whether it was by road or rail?

What else has gone and from where? I know some 72ts from Hainault has
gone, and I have seen there is still 83ts round the back of Neasden
but what about Cockfosters and Uxbridge?

Also, is it possible to arrange a visit to this stock does anyone
know? I would like to really get some interior views etc... if anyone
knows who to ask and whether they will say yes or not it would be
really helpful!

BTW: Photos can be found at http://www.thetube.fotopic.net/ showing
the comparison of 2002 and now at South Harrow.

Old February 29th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CIG_BIG_CIG wrote:
A recent visit to South Harrow revealed that 2 sets of 83ts have gone.
Does anyone know when and whether it was by road or rail?

What else has gone and from where? I know some 72ts from Hainault has
gone, and I have seen there is still 83ts round the back of Neasden
but what about Cockfosters and Uxbridge?

Also, is it possible to arrange a visit to this stock does anyone
know? I would like to really get some interior views etc... if anyone
knows who to ask and whether they will say yes or not it would be
really helpful!

BTW: Photos can be found at http://www.thetube.fotopic.net/ showing
the comparison of 2002 and now at South Harrow.

Yesterday afternoon I was driving from Barkingside when I got stuck a few
cars behind 2 low-loaders with either 67ts or 72ts (I'm no expert and
couldn't see their numbers - the motor car had an unpainted front). One was
a motor/cab unit and the second was a trailer car. What struck me as odd
was that, although they were coming from the direction of Hainault
(following the Central Line) they both had "Northern Line" in the black
rectangle on the side of the car.

At the Gants Hill roundabout they had to take all the available lanes while
a 'steersman' walked at the back of each steering the trailers' back axles -
fascinating (except for the congestion caused!). They stopped off the
roundabout on the A12 towards Redbridge - to pick up the steersmen and,
presumably, to re-lock the trailer axles.
--

---