Old September 18th 03, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default South Harrow old station

Hi all,

This evening I noticed that the station car park at South Harrow contains
what looks like an old station. It is physically separated from the "new"
station by a fair distance. Am I right? Is it listed?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 19th 03, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Hi all,

This evening I noticed that the station car park at South Harrow contains
what looks like an old station. It is physically separated from the "new"
station by a fair distance. Am I right? Is it listed?

You are right, the platforms were extend westwards and the present buildings
contructed in the 1930. Until closure the original station building was used
as the traincrew booking on point and other staff accommodation. I don't
know what its present use is nor whether or not it is protected..

Old September 19th 03, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

This evening I noticed that the station car park at South Harrow contains
what looks like an old station. It is physically separated from the "new"
station by a fair distance. Am I right? Is it listed?

Could be an old station. The station was re-sited 150m north "a long"
time ago (don't know how long, details not to hand at the mo.)

PhilD

Old September 19th 03, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
Hi all,

This evening I noticed that the station car park at South Harrow
contains what looks like an old station. It is physically separated
from the "new" station by a fair distance. Am I right? Is it listed?

You can also see it from the eastern end of the platforms, from where its
former use is fairly obvious.

Old September 19th 03, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Hi all,

This evening I noticed that the station car park at South Harrow

contains
what looks like an old station. It is physically separated from the

"new"
station by a fair distance. Am I right? Is it listed?

You are right, the platforms were extend westwards and the present

buildings
contructed in the 1930. Until closure the original station building was

used
as the traincrew booking on point and other staff accommodation. I don't
know what its present use is nor whether or not it is protected..

At the moment the old building contains toilets and a tea point for the use
of T/Ops, both leftovers from when it served as a depot.
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have