Old January 13th 05, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground Staff

I guess if you use language like that in your everyday conversation its
probably not just tube staff who detest you.....

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Kevin wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 13 Jan 2005:

If an LUL member of staff tells me to **** off why shouldn't I tell him
to **** off in return or smack him in the mouth.

Because you are a better, bigger person than he is and are above such
small-mindedness?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old January 13th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Jan 2005 02:00:51 -0800, wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

Why do they deserve it?

If an LUL member of staff tells me to **** off why shouldn't I tell him
to **** off in return or smack him in the mouth.

The simple answer is that two wrongs don't make a right. I agree that
the member of staff should not say that but you have not said what
triggered such a response. I have never, ever heard a member of LU staff
use those words at a member of the public. Secondly I cannot envisage a
situation where such words would be used without some sort of
provocation.

I am also utterly fed up with people on this group posting comments
where they feel justified in thumping members of LU staff. There is no
justification at all for this and to believe otherwise is to show a lack
of self control and self awareness. I don't thump the check out girl
in the supermarket if there is no bread on the shelves - why can anyone
feel justified for thumping a station assistant if a train is delayed?

There certainly are some real ****y
members of staff.

As there are in all industries and businesses. LUL is not unique in
respect of its customers or its staff and their associated

behaviours.

Any job that involves dealing with the great general public runs the
risk of unwarranted and irrational confrontation. I know - I've
experienced it more than once.

The number of times I have had a ticket rejected in the gates just to
get some snide comment from the staff. Why don't they just learn to
keep their mouths shut.

Oh that's right - they'll just use their psychic powers to communicate
then shall they. I think you need to appreciate that these chaps have
every trick in the book pulled on them by people attempting to dodge
their fares. I'm not suggesting that you are doing this but I can
understand how staff can appear or sound jaundiced at times.

As I said, some members of staff seem to go out of their way to ****
passengers off then get in a huff because there is a confrontation.

Ok then - how many and where? Be specific. Oh I assume that you were so
upset that you immediately reported their poor behaviour and didn't
respond in like manner.

--
Paul C

Old January 13th 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I have only ever once seen a passenger sworn at by a member of staff
without provocation. Said incident occured on a 430 bus when Pax
touched oystercard on reader and got a green light (70p deducted).
Driver called Pax back and asked him to touch his card on the reader
again... red light (not supprisingly you can only board the bus once).
Driver asked passenger to get off. Passenger said "No, It has already
taken my 70p off". Driver said "**** off". Pax remained on the bus
and driver drove off.

On a later journey I saw the letter of response from TFL which said
meerly "Your complaint has been passed to the relevant bus company"