Old July 15th 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hearsay

In article ,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:07 +0100 (BST),
(Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,
(David Boothroyd) wrote:

If the reports today (that the explosive was mostly Acetone Peroxide)
are correct, then it would be unlikely given the damage to the train
that any serious damage was done to the tunnel.

Since the rest of us aren't the explosive experts that you are, David,
perhaps you can explain that remark?

I suspect he means what I've already thought, i.e. that the damage to
the heavier parts of the subsurface trains is fairly limited, menaing
that the blast furthur out would have been sufficient to significantly
damage the tunnel.

It's difficult to make a really large bomb with Acetone peroxide
because it is so unstable. Having a professional chemist may mean
that the reaction product has been stabilised by mixing with other
similar but less friction-sensitive chemicals, but it's still not
a compound to trust.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-

Old July 16th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A bit worrying that I have both main ingredients, in very small
quantities, at home. Acetone is a useful solvent for fibre glass resin
and hydrogen peroxide is an antisceptic.

And I've been using some sulphuric acid drain cleaner this afternoon...

I can see the black helicopters closing on our little cell already...