Old July 15th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 9/11 - 7/7

Is every bomb incident now going to be referred to by its date?
Referring to New Yorks as 9/11 (why are'nt we calling it 11/9) is bad
enough. Now we have 7/7. I'm still waiting to hear references to
Madrid's 11/3 or Bali's 12/10!
I hope one does not happen on 2nd February, 2/2 will sound rediculous

Dave

Old July 15th 05, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David wrote:
Is every bomb incident now going to be referred to by its date?
Referring to New Yorks as 9/11 (why are'nt we calling it 11/9) is bad
enough. Now we have 7/7. I'm still waiting to hear references to
Madrid's 11/3 or Bali's 12/10!
I hope one does not happen on 2nd February, 2/2 will sound rediculous

Dave

It is called 9/11 because Americans put the month before the day. As it
happened there it`s not unreasonable for it to be known as 9/11 all
over.

Old July 15th 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I'm surprised they haven't changed the number for their emergency services
as a 'mark of respect'

Loony T

Old July 16th 05, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Loony Tune" wrote in message

I'm surprised they haven't changed the number for their emergency services
as a 'mark of respect'

Funny you should say that. It was my first thought when I heard people
referring to the Twin Towers attacks as "9/11".

Old July 16th 05, 02:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin Underwood wrote:
"Loony Tune" wrote in message

I'm surprised they haven't changed the number for their emergency services
as a 'mark of respect'

Funny you should say that. It was my first thought when I heard people
referring to the Twin Towers attacks as "9/11".

Though, to be fair, the emergency services number is always read as
"nine-one-one", never as "nine-eleven".

--

Stephen

Comedy series about three divorcees who share a one-room apartment
on the Upper East Side. One has a lisp, one has an accordion, and
one has an affair with the script editor and most of the one-liners.

Old July 16th 05, 03:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"David" wrote in message

Is every bomb incident now going to be referred to by its date?

Be thankful the Aldgate bomb isn't being called "Aldgategate".

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 16th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Referring to New Yorks as 9/11 (why are'nt we calling it 11/9)

7/7 is a useful date, it lets americans refer to it as montth/day, and
us day/month, yet both know what we are on about.

Old July 16th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
Referring to New Yorks as 9/11 (why are'nt we calling it 11/9)

7/7 is a useful date, it lets americans refer to it as montth/day, and
us day/month, yet both know what we are on about.

So what will they call it if they blow a Seven Eleven on November the
seventh?

Good grief there's more to worry about, how will Clive Woodward
transform the Saints? Will Tim Henman take up commentary? And there's a
test against the Aussies on Thursday