Old September 26th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster pre-pay.

In message , Laurence Payne
writes
But the solution is simple. Order Auto-top-up a few days before
leaving for London. Your first Underground journey will activate it.

This sounds like the answer, can you tell me how I go about it? The
last time I got in touch with Oyster I was asked for my postcode and
memorable phrase, however I could give them my postcode but didn't know
about the phrase and because of this they refused point blank to talk to
me any further. (This was online.)
--
Clive

Old September 26th 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive wrote:
This sounds like the answer, can you tell me how I go about it? The
last time I got in touch with Oyster I was asked for my postcode and
memorable phrase, however I could give them my postcode but didn't know
about the phrase and because of this they refused point blank to talk to
me any further. (This was online.)

My partner was in a similar situation. However, a phone call to Oyster
customer services resolved the situation.
Old September 26th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:52:05 +0100, Clive
wrote:

But the solution is simple. Order Auto-top-up a few days before
leaving for London. Your first Underground journey will activate it.

This sounds like the answer, can you tell me how I go about it? The
last time I got in touch with Oyster I was asked for my postcode and
memorable phrase, however I could give them my postcode but didn't know
about the phrase and because of this they refused point blank to talk to
me any further. (This was online.)

I've just logged on to my Oyster account, where I could have ordered
auto-top-up (if I hadn't already done so). I needed my username and
password. Where were you getting asked for your Memorable Phrase?
Old September 26th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Laurence Payne
writes
I've just logged on to my Oyster account, where I could have ordered
auto-top-up (if I hadn't already done so). I needed my username and
password. Where were you getting asked for your Memorable Phrase?

As I attempted to log in to get details of my account so that I could
upgrade it, so that each visit to London didn't mean a long queue at a
window somewhere.
--
Clive
Old September 27th 05, 07:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive wrote:

The original idea was to pre load it to about 120UKP so that on a
fortnights holiday in the Capital finding change or queuing at any time
would not be necessary.

I'd say it will probably take less than 30 seconds to top up prepay using
your credit card at a self help machine where often there are no queues.

--
Phil Richards
London, UK