Old May 25th 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Default Using Railcards at LU stations

Does anyone know if there are particular LU stations where Railcards can be
used ?

I'm pretty sure I have used a Network Card at the LU window at Tottenham
Hale to buy a return rail ticket. I got one ticket which had CSN printed on
it, maybe concession ???

The reason I ask is that when I tried to use my Network Card to buy a
Discounted All Zones Travelcard at West Finchley they told me I couldn't.

Any ideas

Old May 25th 06, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Does anyone know if there are particular LU stations where Railcards can
be used ?

I'm pretty sure I have used a Network Card at the LU window at Tottenham
Hale to buy a return rail ticket. I got one ticket which had CSN printed
on it, maybe concession ???

The reason I ask is that when I tried to use my Network Card to buy a
Discounted All Zones Travelcard at West Finchley they told me I couldn't.

Any ideas

Tottenham Hale is served by National Rail routes so they would have to
accept railcards.

Some posters have commented in the past that you can use railcards at all
London Underground stations but that is not the experience I had with my YP
railcard.

Old May 25th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 25 May 2006 14:35:56 +0100, TKD wrote:

Does anyone know if there are particular LU stations where Railcards can
be used ?

The reason I ask is that when I tried to use my Network Card to buy a
Discounted All Zones Travelcard at West Finchley they told me I couldn't.

Tottenham Hale is served by National Rail routes so they would have to
accept railcards.

Some posters have commented in the past that you can use railcards at all
London Underground stations but that is not the experience I had with my YP
railcard.

I think it may just be a training issue. I've previously bought
Railcard discounted All Zones Travelcards at several LU stations, even
ones not served by NR, so I assume they should all sell them.

In the past, there have been reports in this group of Gold Card
holders at LU ticket offices being variously told that they either
can't buy discounted ODTCs for themselves (only for people
accompanying them), or that they MUST buy one for themselves if they
are buying one for someone accompanying them. Did they tell you
something like this, or did they say they don't accept the Network
Railcard at all?