A London Transport forum. London Banter

Large print tube map

Old August 26th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bren

Default Large print tube map

Can someone direct me to a site where I can print out the tube map in
large lettering; say over 3 - 4 pages on letter/A4 paper?

Old August 26th 06, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.

Bren wrote:
Can someone direct me to a site where I can print out the tube map
in large lettering; say over 3 - 4 pages on letter/A4 paper?

Go to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/maps/

There is a "Large print Tube map" there, but the lettering doesn't seem
to be any larger relative to the diagram than on the standard map. If
you want to have some control over how many pages you print it on, I
suggest you use one of the .pdf maps, such as
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/colourmap.pdf

Acrobat Reader isn't very friendly when it comes to printing, so I
suggest you use Excel. Save the map to a file, then go into Excel, and
use Insert / Object / Create-from-File to insert your .pdf file into a
blank spreadsheet. Then use Page Setup to choose the size you want,
e.g. Landscape, 2 pages wide by 2 tall.
--
Richard J.

Old August 27th 06, 12:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bren

Richard J. wrote:

Acrobat Reader isn't very friendly when it comes to printing, so I
suggest you use Excel. Save the map to a file, then go into Excel, and
use Insert / Object / Create-from-File to insert your .pdf file into a
blank spreadsheet. Then use Page Setup to choose the size you want,
e.g. Landscape, 2 pages wide by 2 tall.
--
Richard J.

Thanks, Richard.