Old October 11th 08, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Large Hadron Collider 'advert' on Northern Line tube cards

Has anyone else spotted the in-car tube card adverts with a photo of
part of the Large Hadron Collider on the Northern Line stock? It is just
a photo, with tiny text pointing at it being related to CERN.

I wonder who funded it, and what purpose it is there to serve, apart
from raise awareness and inspire. It's not trying to sell anything,
not got excessive branding or anything. It was kind of a nice change.

--
Simon Hewison

Old October 11th 08, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008, Simon Hewison wrote:

Has anyone else spotted the in-car tube card adverts with a photo of
part of the Large Hadron Collider on the Northern Line stock? It is just
a photo, with tiny text pointing at it being related to CERN.

I wonder who funded it, and what purpose it is there to serve, apart
from raise awareness and inspire.

I imagine that images of a system to whiz payloads round a powerfully
cooled underground tunnel with incredible precision and regularity at
99.9999991% of the speed of light are there to wind Northern Line
passengers up even more than they are already.

Mind you, the planned collision rate wouldn't go down well with HMRI.

tom

--
Dude, read Aquinas if you want intelligent. This is the internet.
Old October 11th 08, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 11, 9:46*pm, Simon Hewison wrote:
Has anyone else spotted the in-car tube card adverts with a photo of
part of the Large Hadron Collider on the Northern Line stock? It is just
a photo, with tiny text pointing at it being related to CERN.

I wonder who funded it, and what purpose it is there to serve, apart
from raise awareness and inspire. It's not trying to sell anything,
not got excessive branding or anything. It was kind of a nice change.

--
Simon Hewison

The Times.

The identity of the advertiser has been revealed in later ads.
Old October 12th 08, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:20:25 -0700 (PDT), chunky munky
wrote:

On Oct 11, 9:46*pm, Simon Hewison wrote:
Has anyone else spotted the in-car tube card adverts with a photo of
part of the Large Hadron Collider on the Northern Line stock? It is just
a photo, with tiny text pointing at it being related to CERN.

I wonder who funded it, and what purpose it is there to serve, apart
from raise awareness and inspire. It's not trying to sell anything,
not got excessive branding or anything. It was kind of a nice change.

--
Simon Hewison

The Times.

The identity of the advertiser has been revealed in later ads.

Yup; they've also been getting us into practice for the next eight
years by making us look at the Messiah every day.
Old October 12th 08, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The Times.

The identity of the advertiser has been revealed in later ads.

I didn't draw the parallel there despite there being loads of them on
LM...

The picture of the fat kid confused me even more.

Not a very good campaign, IMO, and not one likely to make me buy their
rag.

Neil

--
Neil Williams