Old August 16th 07, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The real hustle

Just watched last (?) night's episode and on it they flogged
(for 200 pounds) a machine that they said would fraudulently
recharge an Oyster.

And then (they claim) they approached the mark to give him
his money back and obtain permission to broadcast.

Um, if I had to chose between losing 200 quid or being
shown on TV committing "conspiracy to defraud", I think I'd
walk away from the money (not that I'd be minded to buy
such a machine).

(As has been said elsewhere, this one looks like it was set
up as complete fiction.)

tim

Old August 19th 07, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:37:22 +0100, tim..... wrote:

Just watched last (?) night's episode and on it they flogged
(for 200 pounds) a machine that they said would fraudulently
recharge an Oyster.

And then (they claim) they approached the mark to give him
his money back and obtain permission to broadcast.

Um, if I had to chose between losing 200 quid or being
shown on TV committing "conspiracy to defraud", I think I'd
walk away from the money (not that I'd be minded to buy
such a machine).

(As has been said elsewhere, this one looks like it was set
up as complete fiction.)

Yes, apparently that's how the programme works. The producers find
some willing recruits, and instruct them along the lines of "here's
fifty quid, go and buy something from the dodgy-looking salesman over
there", while the whole thing is openly filmed by the camera crew.
This still seems to allow the programme to claim that the scams are
filmed taking place "for real".