Old November 17th 03, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Real Underground Map

"Sam" wrote in message
om...
Thanks in part to the support of users of Google groups like this

one,
the Real Underground flash animation is now accessible through the
tube's website:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubemap/default.asp

It's also been one of the most blogged sites of recent months, has
cropped up on undergraduate reading lists, design sites, and even

been
published in a few academic journals!

So, if you've seen the site already, or emailed me asking about it,
thanks for your support. Hopefully the site will be up at the

address
above for the forseeable future.

I'm currently looking at the possibilities of further development,
including putting in all the stations, and morphing through a

series
of historical maps. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

[snip]

Actually, what I would like is an up to date copy of the tube map I
have in front of me. Mine is the 1966 edition, and it calls itself,
"London's Transport Systems". It's a "real" map, as opposed to a
diagram. It shows the tube lines in their diagramatic colours, and
railways as well, with the bus network in the background acting as a
street map.

I do have a later edition, that I got from the American School, in
St. Johns Wood, but it only shows the school's catchment area. I
don't know if they still do it.

Jeremy Parker