Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim Roll-Pickering
Forum: London Transport August 26th 13, 07:07 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
New platform at Blake Hall?

Recliner wrote:

When passing the old Blake Hall station I noticed there seemed to be a
new
short platform in place - is the EOR planning to reactivate the station,
is
the owner of...
Forum: London Transport August 26th 13, 05:19 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
New platform at Blake Hall?

I finally took a trip on the Epping-Ongar Railway today. All in all quite a
pleasant experience.

Forum: London Transport June 27th 13, 01:26 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
8.5% cut in central govt grant to TfL; suburban West Anglia trainsto be devolved to TfL control

Paul Corfield wrote:

I'm surprised no-one commented on the Goblin electrification and WA news
in
this and my previous piston the same topic.

I'm surprised the Goblin electrification...
Forum: London Transport June 26th 13, 10:39 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Metroland: Betjeman's 1973 documentary on BBC4

eastender wrote:

And repeated right now - my childhood seems a world away.

It's odd to think that the documentary is almost as old now as Metroland
itself was when Betjeman made it.

--
My...
Forum: London Transport June 5th 13, 05:19 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Tube Lines Could Be Sponsored To Reduce Fares

eastender wrote:

Saw this article on the BBC website.

Whilst it will probably never come to fruition, does anyone have any
amusing suggestions regarding renamings for stations and...
Forum: London Transport June 5th 13, 05:16 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Tube Lines Could Be Sponsored To Reduce Fares

Paul Corfield wrote:

Mind you Boris has said that Crossrail should be called the "Queen
Elizabeth Line" today.

Funny I thought it was called Crossrail which is a very long standing
name...
Forum: London Transport May 25th 13, 01:58 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Clapham Junction Oyster readers

Paul Corfield wrote:

There used to be "in / out" validators on
the overground platform but they were removed when the works were done
to expand the platforms and stairs for the new Overground...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 13, 07:07 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Danglebahn usage statistics

Paul Corfield wrote:

There might be fun and games tomorrow as the 2013/14 Budget Scrutiny
session is tomorrow and the Greens have proposed an alternative budget
amendment which might actually...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 13, 10:18 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Waterloo & City special service Sat 26 and Sun 27 January 2013

Peter Smyth wrote:

I have just noticed:
"Waterloo & City A special service with extended opening hours will
operate on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January. Trains operate...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 13, 02:11 PM
Replies: 135
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
S7 Stock to Barking

Roland Perry wrote:

Out in the provinces the existence of "all day" tickets (typically
around
£4) means people only have to pay once, and combine that with an "exact
change only"...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 13, 10:38 AM
Replies: 135
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
S7 Stock to Barking

Roland Perry wrote:

Yet these increases in dwell time would probably not be as great as the
increase when driver only operation[1] replaced rear platform buses with
a conductor.

[1]...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 12, 02:09 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
London Overground - Phase 2....

martin_petrov wrote:

While I'm sure this has been discussed before - but was there ever any
thought of running the London Overground trains along the SLL into
Victoria as well as into Clapham...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 12, 11:45 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
London Battersea Northern Line extension now done with a loan?

wrote:

Fast forward to the Jubilee Line extension: This one was much less
well planned, but did manage provide a useful route with some

Useful until it heads of...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 12, 11:36 AM
Replies: 68

77002 wrote:

Fast forward to the Jubilee Line extension: This one was much less
well planned, but did manage provide a useful route with some
Useful until it heads of to stratford...
Forum: London Transport December 6th 12, 08:39 PM
Replies: 68

wrote:

Fast forward to the Jubilee Line extension: This one was much less
well planned, but did manage provide a useful route with some

Useful until it heads of to...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 12, 09:58 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Skyfall

wrote:

I dunno. I'm sure there are some crossovers at westminster or london
bridge.

You dunno then.

Apparently theres one at waterloo. Perfect.

Forum: London Transport October 16th 12, 10:18 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Took A Ride to Epping

Robin9 wrote:

London Underground have announced that the Central Line loop between
Woodford and Hainault will be closed for repairs/servicing/upgrading
between 24th of October and 4th of...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 12, 02:07 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Kings Cross platform 0

Charles Ellson wrote:

In fact is there a clear list anywhere of which pairs of stations
definitely
are and aren't valid through interchanges on a single ticket?

For Oyster :-
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 12, 12:13 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Kings Cross platform 0

mcp wrote:

New Cross, Waterloo East, and St Pancras Low Level use letters rather
than numbers for their platforms.
Each of Waterloo East and St. Pancras I can understand as they're...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 12, 03:02 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Kings Cross platform 0

wrote:

According to the signs this new platform is for electric trains only, yet
saw an HST set in it on Saturday (13:36). Admittedly the engine wasn't
Forum: London Transport September 26th 12, 10:49 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
Took A Ride to Epping

(X-Posted to uk.transport.london to see if others have the answers.)

With some time on my hands, earlier this week, I took a ride on the
Central line, all the way to...
Forum: London Transport September 17th 12, 06:58 PM
Replies: 115
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

Roland Perry wrote:

At all of Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons I've regularly placed my own
backpack in the bagging area. Once the supervisor flicks a switch it's
perfectly okay to load up the...
Forum: London Transport September 17th 12, 03:46 PM
Replies: 115
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

Mark Bestley wrote:

And when finally paid up, she carefully took every item individually off
the bagging area and placed it in her rucksack. Which took another
several minutes.

Well if...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 12, 10:32 PM
Replies: 115
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

wrote:

I suppose it makes sense to remove the machines as it will cut costs for
staff or contractors to go to each of these machines, carry out
maintenance and effect...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 12, 10:27 PM
Replies: 115
Posted By Tim Roll-Pickering
TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

Someone Somewhere wrote:

Wow - such vitriole over a policy that was developed to speed up services
in London for those of us who live there! It's not like having an Oyster
card is that much...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump