Old November 16th 09, 04:45 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
allanbonnetracy allanbonnetracy is offline

Default BBC - Soho shops make way for Crossrail

As a rule, I oppose government spending money the taxpayer can ill
afford. *However, in this case I sincerely hope the Crossrail project
is not cancelled. *London needs Crossrail.

I’m one of those gloomy b******s that believes the recession still has
to get a lot worse before it can get any better, particularly in the
public sector which is still in phoney recession mode.

The key thing after the election comes the reality check and whether
rail traffic growth needs to be revised down as a result, particularly
commuting.

If so then it will start to get difficult to justify Crossrail.