Old November 16th 09, 07:54 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default BBC - Soho shops make way for Crossrail

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

CR won't be complete for, say 6 or 8 (or even 10 ) years. By that
time I would like to think we'll be out of recession and into a boom
again. Problem is that there will be then a demand for more capacity
on the railways; but that won't happen for 5-10 years. So by doing
this now, we're able to provide for the boom in a few years.

Employing so many people to build it will help to end the recession, which
of course started with the collapse of the construction industry.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.