Old December 6th 09, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
neverwas[_2_] neverwas[_2_] is offline

Default TfL fare information for 2010

Currently, if you touch in at Homerton and out at Kew Gardens without
any touches in between, it (presumably) charges you the Z2-3 fare.
This must apply even if you change to the Vic at Hi&I and go via Z1
(as the system has no way of knowing that you took that route because
there are no OSIs along the way).

It'd be a bit harsh if they changed this during the closure.

Yes thanks - but I can equally well see that they may just work on the
basis that it's my choice whether to take the tube or several buses

Whether you get gripped along the way is irrelevant.

I can see that the grippers wouldn't necessarily know I was not getting
off *in* Zone 1 and touching out there. On the other hand they could if
were gripped while transiting from zone 1 to zone 2. And I am reminded
that the Oyster Travelcards certainly don't get such a break. TfL have
made explicit that there is no concessionary travel via Zone 1 for them
during NLL closures. See eg
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/livetra...osures-FAQ.pdf

Confused? Moi?