Old December 7th 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
solar penguin solar penguin is offline

Default Extending point-to-point seasons next year

Paul Scott wrote:

If Oyster becomes standard on National Rail, it could be a serious
blow against proper point-to-point seasons. I'm worried they might
even be abolished on NR to force everyone into paying extra for
Travelcards, just like has already happened on LU.

The TOCs already announced, (some time prior to 2008 when all
non-seasons became zonally priced), that all point to point seasons
within the zones would be changed to zonal pricing from Jan 2010.

I don't think anything more has been announced about that recently
though. Seasons could still show origin and destination, but there'd
be little point in not making them valid zonally.

That's depressing news. Thanks for the warning.

Out of curiosity, will these be zonal NR-only season tickets? Or will
there only be Travelcards, forcing us to pay for tube/DLR etc. validity
that we don't need.