Old December 13th 09, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris[_2_] Chris[_2_] is offline

Default Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity

On 13 Dec, 13:00, Paul Corfield wrote:
After 2/1/10 when PAYG is extended then the same basic principle
applies. However if travelling on NR lines [1] to outside of your ticket
validity but inside the zonal area you will require an OEP to be set on
your card. This applies when you start from a station that is in the
zonal validity of your ticket. You also need to have £1.50 worth of
value on your card as the minimum.

The £1.50 or more needs to be loaded to your PAYG balance *before* you
set the OEP. The OEP will not set if there is less than £1.50 on your
balance.

On 13 Dec, 13:14, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Someone with a zonal season who fails to touch in at an origin outside his
zones will just be travelling without a ticket exactly as now and will be
taking the same risk of a PF as he does now...

But assuming they touch out within their Travelcard zones, what
(penalty?) charge would hit your PAYG balance?

On 13 Dec, 15:00, "Ian F." wrote:
Reading all the replies, I suppose I should have pointed out that the
extension to the Oyster Travelcard is to be used on NR where PAYG is not
accepted yet.

Seems this will make a difference. I assume I'll need a paper extension
(boundary zone 3 zone5).

Currently, yes, buy a paper extension, or book online from your
boundary station to your destination.

After January 2, all NR stations within the zones will with accept
PAYG, along with Watford Junction & three stations around Grays in
Essex.