Old July 13th 03, 01:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Pedestrian Crossings between Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

"Sir Nigel Dandruff" wrote in message

have the decency to say thanks it spreads a bit
of good Karma & we all benifit.Look deeply into
your own soul for your problems stem from within.

It seems a bit silly to thank someone for doing what
they are legally obliged to do.

I do it regularly. I always thank bus drivers as I alight: I observed it
being done in Manchester, and I have tried to spread it in London, without
much lasting success, although the passengers who follow me off always thank
the driver too. When driving, I wave to thank anyone who observes box
junctions - what's the harm? It's good to give little boosts to anyone who
lifts themself above the slime, or they might stop doing it.

Should car drivers wave at traffic in the opposite
direction when they stop at red lights?

Driving through red lights is dangerous. I would never thank someone for
merely preserving their own life.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped