Old July 13th 03, 01:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Pedestrian Crossings between Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

"Sir Nigel Dandruff" wrote in message

have the decency to say thanks it spreads a bit
of good Karma & we all benifit.Look deeply into
your own soul for your problems stem from within.

It seems a bit silly to thank someone for doing what
they are legally obliged to do.

I do it regularly. I always thank bus drivers as I alight: I observed it
being done in Manchester, and I have tried to spread it in London, without
much lasting success, although the passengers who follow me off always thank
the driver too. When driving, I wave to thank anyone who observes box
junctions - what's the harm? It's good to give little boosts to anyone who
lifts themself above the slime, or they might stop doing it.

Should car drivers wave at traffic in the opposite
direction when they stop at red lights?

Driving through red lights is dangerous. I would never thank someone for
merely preserving their own life.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 13th 03, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , John Rowland
writes
I do it regularly. I always thank bus drivers as I alight:

This is okay where I am from as you get on and off the same door of the
bus right by the driver.
But when your getting off the middle door and there are about 10 people
standing in the aisle between you and the driver how can you shout
thanks through that?
I think the reason people never thank the driver in London is because
they aren't anywhere near the driver when they get off the bus.
--
CJG
Old July 13th 03, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 17:44:12 +0100, CJG
wrote:

I think the reason people never thank the driver in London is because
they aren't anywhere near the driver when they get off the bus.

I tend to wave at the driver (well, raise my hand) just after I get
off, such that if he was looking in his side mirror (which he probably
would be in order to close the doors) he would see it.

Neil

Old July 15th 03, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
In message , John Rowland
writes

I always thank bus drivers as I alight:

But when your getting off the middle door and there are
about 10 people standing in the aisle between you and
the driver how can you shout thanks through that?

By opening my mouth. However, I can't thank the driver from the rear door of
a *bendibus* without bursting people's eardrums.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped