Old January 8th 10, 04:57 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Brian Watson[_2_] Brian Watson[_2_] is offline

Default OT Chicago musical (was Snow disruption Cambridge/London (from the OP))

Ian F. wrote:
"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Theatrically, the whole show needs a kick up the bum to make it
sparkle again.

When I was in New York a few years ago I saw a ghastly, drab
production of Cabaret at Studio 54, directed by Sam Mendes. When I
got back to London I e-mailed his office to say how dreadful it was,
and wondering when he had last seen it as it was not doing his name
any good.
His PA e-mailed straight back to say that she had told him about my
note and he told her to book him a flight at once! Not sure what
happened after that, but I think it went on to become one of the
longest-running revivals on Broadway!

Good point. I'll ask my daughter for some names who might care that their
names were being associated with such a dull presentation.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop