Old January 11th 10, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 1983 Stock at Uxbridge

On 11 Jan, 02:56, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message
, MIG
writes

I just happened to be looking at Uxbridge on Google Maps and, as you
do, zoomed in to see what had been parked in the sidings.

I thought there were three Metropolitans and a Piccadilly (from
length) till I looked closer and realised that what I thought was
Piccadilly was, in fact, a train of 1983 stock.

I don't know when the photo was taken, but I wonder if it's the one
that Wikipedia says was at South Harrow? *Any reason why it would be
moving about?

It's not moving anywhere.

The 83 stock at UXB was moved out ages (years?) ago; you're looking at
an old piccy.

It's the one on Google Maps now, but I don't know what their update
cycle is.

The SHR stock is, I gather, due to be moved 'soon' as they need the
siding space. *Paul C might have some more information as he's our
resident 83 stock get-rid-of er

So it's not the one moved from Uxbridge then (reversing the question)?

Actually, a few years back, the South Harrow sidings didn't seem to be
in use. The last Rolling Stock book I remember seeing seemed to have
no allocation there. Are they in full use again now?