Old January 11th 10, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default 1983 Stock at Uxbridge

In message
, MIG
writes

It's not moving anywhere.

The 83 stock at UXB was moved out ages (years?) ago; you're looking at
an old piccy.

It's the one on Google Maps now, but I don't know what their update
cycle is.

I don't know but I've heard not too often.

The SHR stock is, I gather, due to be moved 'soon' as they need the
siding space. *Paul C might have some more information as he's our
resident 83 stock get-rid-of er

So it's not the one moved from Uxbridge then (reversing the question)?

No, they were removed. One of the cars (maybe two) ended up at
Bishopsgate/Shoreditch on the bridge that you can see, the others were
scrapped.

Actually, a few years back, the South Harrow sidings didn't seem to be
in use. The last Rolling Stock book I remember seeing seemed to have
no allocation there. Are they in full use again now?

4 trains stabled overnight now with a possibility of a 5th one (hence
the need for the siding road as there are 6 roads there with 1 1/2
trains of 83 stock in the way).

I've put trains away there in the past when there's been a need to get
one out of the way. In fact, when we went from 3 trains to 4 trains
stabled overnight in the last but one timetable I put the 4th train away
there on the night before the new timetable started.