Old January 11th 10, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 1983 Stock at Uxbridge

On 11 Jan, 13:11, martin wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:47*pm, MIG wrote:

I just happened to be looking at Uxbridge on Google Maps and, as you
do, zoomed in to see what had been parked in the sidings.

I thought there were three Metropolitans and a Piccadilly (from
length) till I looked closer and realised that what I thought was
Piccadilly was, in fact, a train of 1983 stock.

I don't know when the photo was taken, but I wonder if it's the one
that Wikipedia says was at South Harrow? *Any reason why it would be
moving about?

Newer version of Google Earth tell you the date of the imagery in the
bottom left hand corner. You can also see older images - in the View
menu, choose Historical Imagery.

I really must get round to installing that. I was on Windows 98 when
it first came out, so I couldn't.