Old January 19th 10, 10:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
EE507[_2_] EE507[_2_] is offline

Default Radio 4 - the derailing of transport 2010

On Jan 19, 8:04*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:46:36 -0800 (PST), ticketyboo

As for David Begg, words fail me...

Well being cynical about it he's taken the golden coin as Chairman of
Tube Lines so I doubt he has much to be bothered about from the old days
of pushing academic concepts.
--
Paul C

The CfIT under Begg was extremely critical of government transport
policy failings - so much so that it was threatened with being shut
down. For example, http://cfit.independent.gov.uk/factsheets/04/index.htm
makes embarrassing reading.

As I said in my earlier post, this all-conquering fear of upsetting
the motorist - without actually asking him what he really wants - is
why politicians always back down. Prescott came across as a numpty at
the end of the programme - trends in car ownership and use were there
for all to see in his own department's transport statistics.

More Livingstones and Penalosas (look him up) please.