Old February 14th 10, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 3 Car DLR....

On 1 Feb, 22:42, Martin Petrov
wrote:
Have there been any in public service yet?

I hoped I'd get lucky when I arrived at Canary Wharf at 9am this morning,
but no sign. Nothing when I was on my way home either.

Well, yes and no.

I was out and about on the DLR today and there was another
three-"carriage" test train running up and down and stopping at the
stations. It was the 07/09 stock again.

At the stations the door lights were flashing a couple of times, but
not evidently being released and the internal lights were off. The
destination was "Not in service" rather than "Special" as on the one I
saw a couple of weeks ago.

When I saw it head south, I didn't pay attention to the platform
indicators. When it headed north, the indicators showed "Island
Gardens" and I thought maybe it was going to do a short run in
service, but it showed up still "Not in service" and clearly wasn't in
service.

I noticed that all the Flight Lieutenants (or whatever the DLR crew
are called this week) were working from the front today. Come to
think of it, they were doing that during last week as well.

I am guessing that with the differential stopping points at the SDO
stations, they need to work from the front to make sure that ALL
trains stop at the correct point.

In the meantime, on Thursday at least, there was still a sign at
Shadwell saying "... will not stop beyond this point".