Old February 25th 10, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Inconsistent engineering this weekend information

On Feb 24, 4:07*pm, Walter Briscoe
wrote:
If you open http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ and navigate via "Live travel news"
to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/default.html
and navigate via "This weekend" to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel
news/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=weekend,
you will see an advertised Central line Part closure. You may click on
it to get "Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 February, suspended between Marble
Arch and West Ruislip and between Marble Arch and Ealing Broadway ..."

If you navigate via "Track closures" to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/li
vetravelnews/realtime/tube/track-closures.pdf,
you will see no information on such a closure.

The '6 month lookahead' previously showed the Central Line closure,
but it seems to have been removed in the last couple of weeks. I
assume that it was done so in error - there are plenty of posters
advertising the closure at Central Line stations, and it was included
in the weekly email, so it definitely seems to be going ahead.

(Combined with a large stretch of line closed along the top of the sub-
surface lines, I'm beginning to think that someone at TfL has a grudge
against me and is deliberately making it hard for me to get to work
this weekend - they scheduled a similar combination of closures in
November, last time I was on night shifts.)