Old February 27th 10, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster a real time waster

On Feb 27, 12:00*pm, Clive Page wrote:
Yesterday I tried using my Oyster card on National Rail for the first
time. *In just 2 NR journeys and 2 tube trips I got at least two
problems. *The first unresolved journey (ticket barrier at London Bridge
NR at fault, apparently) I managed to get sorted out at South Kensington
ticket office by merely queuing for 10 minutes, first refund £4.

When finishing the day at King's Cross my balance was again too low, but
was keen to catch a train home so didn't have time to resolve it then.

If you're willing to provide information as to what the journey were
that you made, then perhaps utl-ers might be able to untangle what
went on here. Going on the above information, it's impossible to say.

FWIW I've used Oyster PAYG on NR on numerous occasions without any
problems (including through LU and NR journeys).

I assumed that I could sort it out online, but for some ridiculous
reason the journey history isn't available - unless you top up online. I
have no idea whether the past history would have been magically viewable
had I tried to do another top up - nothing explained this, and I had to
nominate a particular station to get the top up. *Since I come in on the
Thameslink line and use one of several tube stations as my initial one,
I can't easily specify which station I wanted to use.

The online journey history can sometimes takes several days to update,
and is also sometimes missing entries (and indeed exits). No idea why
this is the case.