Old February 28th 10, 07:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default OSI problem auto-corrected

On Feb 28, 7:36*pm, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

MIG wrote

It just looks like the system was charging completely the wrong fares
to everyone and they couldn't miss it.

So I don't infer that the inexcusable situation where people are
repeatedly getting overcharged, because the system strings separate
resolved journeys into one and then decides that the resulting

journey
is too long and splits it into unresolved/unstarted journeys, is
likely to be addressed in such a helpful way.

But we have already had a automatic refund reported on this NG (2 days
after the poster had called the helpline IIRC).

Thus post-processing may be a regular item, especially when the current
gate logic cannot detect an overcharge.

See my comment downthread - I had it happen to me in April '09.

(FWIW, I travelled with someone from Southwark station to Stratford on
the Jubilee line, passed through the 'internal gateline' outside the
Jubilee platforms, went with them up to the Great Eastern platform and
saw them off on their train, then went back through the 'internal
gateline' back to Southwark station. I was uncertain as to whether
passing the 'internal gateline' would end my first journey and restart
my second - I thought it might well not, and indeed it didn't, as the
internal gateline basically appeared to be set up in 'interchange
mode' just like all the standalone validators at Stratford station
that are within the fare-paid area, i.e. the main gateline. But before
I got round to asking for my dosh back, the email came through. N.B.
the 'internal gateline' at Stratford appears to have been
decommissioned now.)