Old January 12th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default My Oystercard works!

Pat Duffy wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:40:04 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Pat Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:26:14 +0000, Pat Duffy wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:46:06 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Pat Duffy typed

I went from Fulham Broadway (Zone 2) to Old Street (Zone 1)
yesterday intending to change from the District to the Northern at
Bank/Monument. However the passageway was closed and there are
signs directing everyone to make this connection at street level.

Is that right? I thought people were being directed down the escalators to
the DLR and then up the stairs to the Northern Line. The only connection
that is closed is the escalator shaft to the Northern Line, which was
always signed only for that purpose from the District Line platforms.

Well maybe it was just a special weekend with extra work going on, but
on Friday evening, the exits at the ends of the district platforms
were closed, regular signs covered up, and temporary signs and staff
directing people upstairs, out the barriers, to the street. Then there
were signs along the street on the lampposts and so on. So it was not
a diversion they'd just thought of ten minutes earlier. It was
planned.

Yep - along the road outside was the route I had to go, on a weekday
evening in December.