Old March 11th 10, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve M Steve M is offline

Default Replacement boat service on the Jubilee Line this weekend

Offramp wrote:
I have read that owing to the entire Jubilee Line being hors de combat
over the weekend that there are - very unusual this - replacement
boats. They will run East India to North Greenwich after 16:00 on both
days.

On replacement buses the driver never looks at tickets; I wonder will
the admiral look at them on the boat?
Also, I wonder why the time of 4pm was chosen?

Anyway, it might be a nice spin out on a boat, 'for free'.

Not unusual at all. We have been running replacement boat services
between East India and North Greenwich for quite some time now, although
the service is enhanced when there are events (this weekend Katherine
Jenkins) on at the O2.

The boat runs 16:00 to 00:00 on Saturday primarily for event traffic. On
Sunday, as another poster mentions, the Blackwall Tunnel closes at 20:45
on Sunday night, so after this time, the boat becomes the main way to
cross the Thames towards Stratford. Replacement buses then run Canary
Wharf - East India - Canning Town - West Ham - Stratford.

Cheers

Steve M