Old March 12th 10, 08:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
none[_2_] none[_2_] is offline

Default Missed passengers at Watford?

burkey wrote:
On the radio early this morning, DJ Janice Long said that she was on a
train last Sunday and after leaving Watford the train stopped about
one mile along the track, then the conductor/guard made an
announcement that they had forgotten some passengers and that they had
to go back. She then says that the train went back to Watford to pick
up a load of passengers then carried on its journey. Does anyone know
anything about this, did the train reverse along the track it had just
travelled over or could it have gone over a set of points to get onto
another platform?

Just curious about the details.

I changed trains at Watford on Sunday night and we had problems with the
departure indicator on platform 7 which was not showing the correct
departures.

Some passengers on our train (2118 to Clapham Junction) blocked doors
open to prevent departure until someone attended to confirm what train
we were actually boarding. Our train was actually shown as the second
departure.

I'm not at all surprised to hear that someone actually missed a train.

Roger