Old March 14th 10, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Wheelchair

Basil Jet wrote on 14 March
2010 14:55:32 ...
solar penguin wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible? Is
a billion a reasonable figure?

Reasonable figure? It is not reasonable spending _any_ figure on it,
and never will be.

It's a simple, scientific, biological fact that human beings are
bipeds. We walk on two legs. People using wheelchairs are, by
definition, not bipeds and therefore are not human beings. That is a
fact. Deal with it. The law should be ammended to treat them as the
sub-human animals that they are.

The most likely explanation for your post is that you think I intend to
object to such spending and are taking the **** out of what you perceive to
be my mentality. You are quite wrong about my intention.

I don't know what your intentions are but I suggest you stop confusing
the issue by having "Wheelchair" as the subject and then asking a
question about accessibility in general. There are far more people who
would benefit from improved accessibility than the number in wheelchairs.
--
Richard J.